It can be difficult to get kids to read, especially in today’s world. Those that embrace it become passionate and the benefits to reading last throughout their life.
Check out my favorite books as I try to list books that aren’t commonly found by parents. These are books I’ve loved throughout my life.
- Paper – 8 Actions to encourage your child to read
- Post – Amazon Prime Box – monthly book club delivering books to young readers
- Link – Discovered Wordsmiths – a podcast interviewing new authors. Not all are suitable for kids, but you can discover a great aspiring author.
- Link – Middle Grade Fiction Book Club – an online book club that I run and am trying to get recommended MG books that you may not have heard about
- Link – 6 Reading Strategies to Help Kids Read More – a great blog article from Lulu Junior with ideas to kickstart kids reading
- Discovered Wordsmith podcast – On this podcast, I interview new authors. Many times, this is their first podcast interview. Several of the episodes have been about books that kids may enjoy. If you’re looking for something to get your kids reading, check these out. Here are the best episodes for parents:
I am interested what type of books kids read. If you could help me by filling out the following couple questions, it will help future classes for the kids.