Author Talks, Webinars, and Writing Workshops – schools and libraries, live and virtual – homeschool groups
- Imagination Without Fear for Writers – hands on workshop with ideas to inspire writing for kids
- Future Skills: Crafting Video Game Stories – Intro to creating stories that are turned into video games
- Future Skills: Successful Story Structure and Video Game Design – Workshop that teaches story structure and then creating a video game based on that story
- Future Skills: From Idea to Published Book – Step by step workshop for kids to create a story and get a published book
Professional speaking – keynotes
- Supercharge your kids – Preparing kids for the future workforce
Please visit superchargeyourkids.net
I feel that it’s important that we encourage our children to use their imagination and learn to be creative. The future needs to have people that create and enjoy things like music and paintings and reading books.
Each of my books and short stories contain writing exercises. I also include definitions to words that may be unfamiliar. These can be used to write any story, but I’d love to read some student fan fiction with my characters and settings.
The following guides contain activities for the mentioned book.
Town Magician: Embracing the Magic
Town Magician: Transgression of Magic
Town Magician: Short Stories
If you have a writing class or homeschool group, I would love to talk with them. The easiest is a recorded, virtual visit. Have your class or students answer the questions in the document below. You will receive a video recording of my answers.
I live in Northeast Ohio and can more easily visit a school for an in person author talk. For those further away, at the moment, a virtual visit (via zoom, skype, or similar) is the best option.
Contact me to discuss.
Imagination and Creativity talk/workshop
This talk is perfect in libraries or after-school events where parents can be involved. I use examples and fun activities to spark children’s imaginations, but also to help their parents understand the importance of using imagination.
Imagination without fear – a small workshop for kids and their parents. We discuss imagination and engage in several activities to help spark that imagination.
Discovered Wordsmiths – weekly author interview podcast
Rotary of Ravenna, Ohio
Weem – Chicago, Illinois
Virtual RG – Dayton, Ohio
Reed Memorial Library Writer’s Weekend
Western PA Mensa – Pittsburgh, PA